He's More Than Just a Dog
Many of you have been introduced, or at least know of Tas, our Hungarian Vizsla. But just in case you aren't familiar..."Everyone, this is Piszkei Bator-Rendor Tas (Tas for short). Tas, this is everyone."
Please excuse his lack of modesty (and the blurry picture). So this is how he fell asleep. And as he got more comfortable, he rolled around a bit...
And eventually, all you could see was his nose...
He stayed like this for a few hours, before he got hot and had a sort of doggie panic attack and the towels went flying. And of course at that point I was asleep on the couch, without my camera handy.
Ok, now that we have that out of the way. Tas is not just a dog. He's a Vizsla. He's not a rare-breed per se...in fact, they've become more popular in the States these days. But not really much in Alabama. We fell in love with the Vizsla breed after our friend Gray (see below) adopted his Vizsla, Rezi.
This is Gray and Rezi (guess who's who)
So we found a breeder from Hungary, yada yada yada...8 weeks later we picked up Tas at the Atlanta airport. So he's a true full blooded Hungarian Vizsla - every member of his little doggie family is Hungarian. Rezi is as well. Though she is first generation American, she speaks no English.
Vizsla's are like little humans. They have their own facial expressions, they make their own special "wookie" noises and they truly understand what you mean when you talk to them. Really! I'm serious!! They really do. I know you might say other dogs do this to, but trust me. Vizsla's are their own breed - no pun intended (well, maybe a little!).
Anyway, my point in this is to tell you about Tas' sleeping habits. He sleeps pretty much where ever there is a comfy spot - on the bed, on the couch, in the car...doesn't matter. And he sleeps on his back, with all 4 paws up in the air. He'll sleep like that all night long. Well last night, while Owen and I were enjoying our '1 month anniversary' dinner of Raisin Bran (for me) and a leftover Chipotle Burrito (for O), Tas decided he was tired.
There was no room on the couch we were on, so he jumped up onto the love seat. There wasn't much room there either, as Owen had folded some towels and put them on the love seat (yes, he's a bit domesticated!). But Tas made room...and fell fast asleep...
And for those of you clean freaks like me, while those towels looked clean, they were not. I had put them in the wash...umm...I really don't know when...and forgot about them. Owen found them when he went to wash some shorts, and thought he'd be nice and put them in the dryer for me and then folded them. While folding them, he realized how rancid they smelled since they were left in the wash for who knows how long! So I didn't mind MoMo rolling all over them. I washed them in HOT HOT water this morning and they are clean again!


Hey we do all that stuff too! We're not from Hungry but I'm sure our relatives are.
Delilah and Rocket said... 6:35 AM, August 26, 2008
Post a Comment