The Great Indoors & Some Yummy Grub
So on Labor Day we celebrated by having an anti-internet day. After a run at the park with Mo, we went to Best Buy - aka "The Devil" b/c it seems when we walk in they just suck the money right out of our pockets - and bought a few (eh-hem 4) movies and spent the rest of the day on the couch watching them.
We watched two weird sci-fi movies that O likes (Equilibrium and Event Horizon)…Christian Bale (aka Batman) was nice eye-candy in Equilibrium but I’d much prefer cartoons. Event Horizon was scary and gross. Probably why the DVD was only $9.
Then we topped off our movie marathon with an old classic…The Great Outdoors. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it, but it was a great way to end our movie day/night.
As you can tell from my lack of postings lately, we’ve been busy since Mo’s birthday celebration…
Setting up our new rug so Gabby could pee on it…

That’s not Gabby, that’s Tasmo…he loves the rug already. (Gabby really didn't pee on it...but for a minute there we thought he might!)
Setting up our new desk (pictures to come)…you know, the usual.
Oh, and how could I forget…eating until we were blue in the face…Enjoy these fun recipes I made this weekend...
Redneck Caviar
1 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drainedChili in a Biscuit Bowl
Vegetable oil cooking spray Toppings:
Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to whatever it says on the crescent roll package (Sorry I can't remember! I gotta make you work a little!). Invert a muffin tin and spray the underside with vegetable oil cooking spray. Separate the crescent rolls and shape each over the back of each muffin cup. Press around the cup to form a bowl shape. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool slightly. Remove the biscuit bowls and reserve.
The pie was the most fabulous dessert I’ve ever had. Seriously. E-VER. We ate the whole thing in one day...just the two of us. Oh, and the Redneck Caviar is a wonderful quick dip great for tailgating or marathon movie watching.

And yes...I did wear white on Labor Day. I'm starting a new trend. Join me, won't you?

Post a Comment