Junk Drawer
I love junk drawers. I'm like Monica on Friends. My outside world looks so put together, but if you open my junk drawers, there's no telling what might come out and bite you. I've recently discovered that I had accumulated quite a junk drawer at work. It is after all where I spend most of my time.
I cleaned it out the other day. Some of the things I threw away disgusted and amazed me. There were cough drops that expired in 2007, Tea bags that I'm not sure how old they were, and an empty bottle of Scope, just to name a few. There was also a picture of me and O from New Year's eve 2005/06. My how we've changed!
My drawer is now neat and tidy, and I'm slowly building up the staples again:
A breath kit - tooth brush, floss, toothpaste (I still need a small bottle of scope). You never know when you might eat Sushi for lunch and need a refresher.
Tea - I love a good afternoon tea. They provide some here at the office, but it's gross. Tazo is my fav. Any kind will do for a quick afternoon relax.
Hand lotion - Dry hands are akin to scratching your nails down a chalk board (you just cringed didn't you?)
Lint brush - Lint on my clothes drives me bonkers. And dog hair. Dog hair makes me crazy. Although you wouldn't know it if you saw my car.
Disposable bowls and oatmeal - I never know when I'm going to get stuck with no breakfast or lunch. Or worse, stuck here for dinner. Oatmeal is a good staple that will fill me up in a pinch. Sometimes I eat it dry and then drink a big glass of water. I'm weird like that.
Gift bags and tissue paper - Birthday's are always popping up around here, and sometimes I will need to run out for a quick gift, but I'll inevitably forgot the wrapping paper. So I keep some around just in case.
And the ever famous desktop Christmas decor. And Halloween, and Easter and Thanksgiving. A little bit of every holiday to keep things cheerful.
Somehow these small items make the days go by quicker, and help me get through those insane moments. Which seem to happen all too frequently lately!
What's in your junk drawer?
Post a Comment