The Ring Test
So everyone at the office (my home away from home) is already trying to decide if we're having a boy or a girl. The speculation has been all over the board, mainly based on the old wives tales...some saying I'm even having twins because it seems I'm showing a bit more than I should. I have assured them that I am not having twins...but that bulging belly would be my fat pooch that has nowhere to go but out at this point!
But the old wives tales sure are fun to speculate with! I found a fun list of them, and most are based mainly on foods I'm craving, how I'm carrying (too early to tell) or how my hair looks. There was one, however, that required a little bit of work.
So on Friday afternoon...when things had slowed down a bit at the office, we decided to give the old Ring Test a try.
To do this, you take your wedding band (or someone else's) and tie a piece of thread to it. Then you dangle it over the pregnant woman's palm (or belly). If it swings in circles, it's a girl. Side to side...it's a boy.
When I tried this in my office, it swung side to side quite rapidly. I got excited and went to show the others...
...who promptly made me lie down on the nasty office floor, so they could dangle my ring over my belly.
Or the old wives tale of the ring test clearly doesn't work...at least not this early.
Post a Comment