Predictions
So everyone has spent the last 4.5 months trying to guess what we are having. About a month ago, I found a list of questions related to gender predicting, and the results were that we are having a boy. Below is the little quiz, with my original answers, and some updates....enjoy!!
Is It A Boy? Or A Girl?
1. Suspend a wedding band held by a piece of thread over the palm of the pregnant woman. If the suspended ring swings in an oval or circular motion, the baby will be a girl. If the ring swings back and forth in a straight line, the baby will be a boy. There is also a version done with a needle and thread above the mother’s wrist or her belly. Results are the same. - Ring swung in circles, back and forth
2. If you carry your baby high and tight, it is a boy. If you carry your baby low and wide, it’s a girl. - Originally I wasn't sure how I was carrying? - Right now she's down around my pelvis.
3. If you crave fruits and vegetables, it’s a boy. If you crave meats and starches, you will have a girl. - Don't really crave either yet...though I'd rather an apple to a steak. (Originally). I'm still not really craving anything.
4. If you crave sweets, you’re having a boy. If you crave salty foods, you’re having a girl. - I do like salty foods right now. (Originally). I cannot really stand sweets!
5. If the hair on your legs is growing faster than before you were pregnant, you’re having a boy. If it is growing at the same rate or slower, you’re having a girl. - I shave every day, so I can't really tell how it's growing!
6. If your feet are colder now than before you were pregnant, you’re having a boy. If they are the same as before, you’re having a girl. - My feet have always been cold.
7. If your husband is gaining weight right along with you, you’re having a boy. If he hasn’t gained any weight, you’re having a girl. - He's losing weight. It's falling off of him and making me jealous!
8. If your hair is gray, you’re having a boy. If your hair is not gray (natural or dyed), you’re having a girl. - Haven't seen a gray strand yet.
9. If you have morning sickness early in your pregnancy, you’re having a girl. If you haven’t had morning sickness, you’re having a boy. - No morning sickness here!
10. If you look particularly good during pregnancy, you’re having a boy. If you’re not looking so good, you’re having a girl. - Umm, I think I look good! ;o) (Originally). Now I'm starting to look like a pizza again!!
11. If your urine is a bright neon yellow color, you’re having a boy. If it’s a dull yellow, you’re having a girl. - Can we say neon? (Originally). Now it's quite dull! I know you wanted to know that!
12. If you must have orange juice everyday, you’re having a girl. If you don’t like orange juice, you’re having a boy. - I'm loving some orange juice right now...drink it every morning!
13. If you’re having headaches, you’re having a boy. If you’re not, you’re having a girl. - Headaches are becoming more frequent.
14. If someone asks you to show them your hands and you present them palms up, you’re having a girl. If you present your hands palms down, you’re having a boy. - No one has asked me this!
15. If you pick up a coffee mug by the handle, you’re having a boy. If you pick it up by the body of the mug, you’re having a girl. - I haven't had a coffee mug lately, but I pick up my water jug by the handle.
Boy scored 8.5 (originally) 6 (currently)
Girl scored 6.5 (originally) 9 (currently)
So obviously without this little quiz we know it's a girl, but it was fun to speculate for a time! I couldn't imagine not finding out. How people do that is beyond me!!!
Now the fun part sets in...decorating the nursery!!!
Can I say, "I wanna help decorate!!!"
Can't wait to hear your ideas and talk, talk, talk. This weekend is sure going to be fun!!
Erica Copeland said... 6:47 PM, May 20, 2009
Post a Comment