How Big is Baby?
It's been a few weeks since I updated you on how big Miss Sayla Grace is getting. So here's a little info on what she's been up to in mommy's belly the past few weeks.
I'm now 19 weeks along...Sunday I'll be half way there!! But here's how she's grown since week 17 when I last updated you on her stats!
Week 18 - At week 18, she was as big as a Sweet Potato!! But hopefully much cuter!
She has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to me), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping (which we got to see on our last ultrasound!), rolling, twisting, kicking, punching (which I feel multiple times a day!), sucking and swallowing. I can feel her moving like crazy, and on our last ultrasound, we got to see her in action! She's super duper active!!
Week 19 - She's now the size of a Mango! Really? A Mango...who eats those unless you're on an island somewhere?? I'm not even sure how big a mango is, but apparently, it's this big...
Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats her skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) We might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature. But prayerfully she won't be!!
I'm still loving salty foods, but she is loving when I eat sweets. At least I think those are punches of endearment...and not mad little baby punches!! One night I ate Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal for dinner, and she kicked, punched and flipped for about an hour afterwards! I think she really liked it!
We have our next doctor's appointment on June 16th. We will get another (regularly scheduled) ultrasound to see our little mango! This one is to check to see that she's growing on schedule and has all of her fingers and toes. We'll also double check that she is in fact Little Miss Sayla Grace, and not a sneaky Mr. John Owen the 4th!!
And I'm very excited that this next ultrasound will be recorded on DVD, and hopefully she will cooperate and give us a good little show for me to share with you all!! Maybe I'll eat some Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast that morning to ensure she's wide awake!
Post a Comment