Change in Plans
So we had our check Wednesday morning. There was good news and bad news. I'll give you the good news first...
The good news is that my membranes are no longer hour glassing. A feat that our doctor didn't think we would accomplish. This means that the amniotic sack has receded and is back where it belongs. So YAY us!!! We were very excited about that, as was the doctor.
So now that you've let that sink in...
The bad news is that I'm not just 1.5cm dilated...I'm 3cm dilated. At least as of yesterday. BUT...the doctor said that I could've been 3cm all along, but the hour glassing membranes were getting in the way of being sure.
Regardless, our chance of going home to lie in bed went out the window. We are now here until the big day. Which we pray will happen later than sooner.
But more good news is that since we were planning on staying until 28 or 29 weeks anyway, we didn't get too upset about having to stay. The dilation part was scary to hear, but I think we're past it. Thanks to your prayers.
Oh...and I borderline failed the 2nd round of the gestational diabetes test. So now I can no longer have sweets, or anything white (like pasta, bread, potatoes, etc.). Good thing I'm enjoying the hospital food!
On the bright side, here are a few simple things that make my days better:
Every morning I mark a day off our calendar. We're only 3 days from 27 weeks! A party will be had by all on Sunday!
I got to bathe today, and wash my hair in the sink. They wheeled my bed over to the sink, raised it up a bit and I scooted off the edge of the bed and the nurses washed my hair in the sink. It was fabulous! Then I got to change shirts!! I'm no longer in the horrible hospital gown. They let me wear whatever I want...with the understanding that if I have to have an emergency C-section they will cut it off. But that's highly unlikely.
After that I put my face on, and do my physical therapy in the bed. Just lifting some 2 pound weights and flexing my leg muscles. Doesn't sound like much, but it wears me out!
We open the window and get to smell Jim N Nicks from down the street, and listen to the traffic go by.
Oh...and I broke my phone. It fell off the bed 1 too many times and the trackball fell out and won't go back in. Not sure what I'm gonna do about it, but it means I can't answer emails/texts as often until we get it fixed. I have another BB that I think I can just swap out the trackball, but that'll have to wait until mom goes back to our house to pick it up.
I might get to lift the head of my bed for about 10 minutes at a time today...I'm kind of scared to do it, and haven't tried it yet. But the doc said I should be ok to do so. So that will probably be the highlight of my day.
So all in all, things are as good as they can be. My husband is absolutely amazing, and I am so thankful that God chose him for me. I could not have gotten through any of this without him.
Post a Comment