God With Us
For the first time since she was born, I got to have some good
Mommy/Daughter time with sweet Sayla Grace. Owen was hanging out with
friends playing golf and having some much needed "guy" time, and there
were no night time visitors tonight. So I went up to the hospital
alone, and really cherished my time with her.
When I got there, I said hello, and she literally kicked her box off
of herself. (She has a clear plastic box over her to keep her warm).
She kicked the box so hard that nurse Lauren had to catch it. We took
that to mean that she wanted to visit with Mommy without the box.
So the whole time I was there, we visited sans box.
I talked to her alot, played "This Little Piggy Went to Market" on her
sweet toes, and when it was dinner time I prayed with her and blessed
her food. I fixed her hair (it was sticking up in the back) and tried
to teach her to suck her thumb. She couldn't quite get it, but she
tried! That silly CPAP was getting in the way.
I watched the other parents intently. I watched the dad two bays over.
He and his wife were feeding their baby boy through a feeding tube.
But he's bigger, so they get to hold him while feeding him. The dad
sat there holding the syringe in the air for a solid 30 minutes, if
not more. His arm not propped on anything, had to be getting tired.
But he sat there, with the patience of Job, holding that syringe so
his boy could eat. Such dedication and love in his eyes.
I watched the parents across from us, trying to leave, but their sweet
girl cried each time they put her down. I could tell it was hard for
them, but they swaddled her up good, and she finally settled down. She
was quiet when I left after them, and I was thankful for that.
I watched sweet Sloane sleep soundly next to us. Never making a peep,
when all the babies around her were crying. She sneezed a couple of
times, and Sayla Grace and I said "God Bless You!" She just stared
intently at the room after her sneezes, and quietly went back to
sleep. We will miss her when she goes home this week, but cannot
express how happy we are for her and her family. In the 2 short weeks
we've known them, they have been such a blessing in our lives. Having
been in our shoes just 12 short weeks ago, it has been so comforting
to see how far they've come and have them to talk to. I hope Sloane
and Sayla Grace will be forever friends!
But mostly I watched Sayla Grace sleep. I watched her squirm through
the hiccups twice. Each time she made little cat like noises.
She's doing much better tonight. Her Brady episodes are fewer and far
between. Her chest xray was "improved" and her blood levels are
normal. Her Billi levels are up to 3.7, but doctors weren't concerned.
Overall they are pleased with where she is right now.
She'll have a busy day tomorrow with her head ultra sound, so I left
her sleeping soundly. I said her goodnight prayer for her, and blew
her kisses before saying goodnight.
My sweet Sayla Grace. She's gonna be ok. God was in that room
tonight. I could feel His presence.
Post a Comment