August 9, 2009

Good Weekend

Overall we've had a good weekend. Sayla Grace has received a total of 2 units of Owen's blood, and her hematocrit level is back up to 40 (where they want it).

As a result, her Brady episodes are decreasing, and she's having them less frequently...though she is still having them. The nurses say it's normal that she have some, just simply due to her age and lack of lung and brain maturity. She should slowly grow out of them, as long as there are no underlying issues like an infection. Right now there are no indications of infection. We think the increase in Brady episodes two days ago was because of her low hematocrit levels.

She has had 3 poopy diapers in the past day. One good one tonight!! If you've been following along, you'll remember that the Billirubin is excreted in poop, so each time she poops, her Billi levels should decrease. They now only have one light on her, and we're hopeful that soon they can remove that one too.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are a big day for us. At around 6am tomorrow (Monday), SGP will get another chest x-ray. This is standard procedure for her age. The last 2 that she's had have shown that her lungs are hazy. While they expect hazy lungs right now, we want them to be clear!!

Also, on Tuesday (early in the morning), she will get a second ultra sound of her brain. Again, this is standard procedure, to check for hemorrhaging in her brain. It is also to check that there is no swelling, and that her brain is developing normally. The last one she had last Tuesday, came back normal.

Tonight (Sunday) she'll get a good sponge bath with the new soft washcloths that I brought her, and her bedding will be changed to some new blankets that I brought. Just trying to make things a bit more comfortable for her! I noticed that the hospital washcloths were so rough, and I couldn't stand the thought of her getting baths with them since her skin is so sensitive.

I have some great pictures from my new camera, but I haven't taken the time to upload them. I promise I will upload them tomorrow, so you can see her. Her hair is turning blonde (Owen was a blonde baby), and she's getting a few tiny fat rolls. Tiny, but there are little wrinkles!!

Specific prayers needed this week:

  • Clear chest x-ray Monday morning
  • Positive results of the head ultra sound on Tuesday morning
  • Weight gain
  • No more Apnea or Brady episodes (A&B episodes)
  • Positive results of lab work Monday
  • Peace and understanding for Owen, myself and our families
  • Pray for those that are following our story and don't know God, that they will be touched by the evidence of God's grace in our lives and come to know Him.
We thank you for your prayers thus far. We really can really feel the effects of your prayers. Every day I get a wave of peace that comes over me, and I know it's because one of you has just prayed for us.

And I can't thank you enough for that.


0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home