Toots and Manicures
*Meant to post this last night after I left the hospital, but I fell
asleep when I got home instead!
Sayla Grace continues to thrive. She now weighs 2lbs 4.2ozs and is
growing more every day. They have increased her feedings to 9cc's an
hour. She is also getting some extra help in the calorie department.
They have added "Human Milk Fortifier" to my milk, and it adds 28
calories to each feeding. That may not seem like a lot to me and you,
but for her tiny body it is. The "Fortifier" just adds the extra
calories, along with some important nutrients that my milk might be
missing. Apparently the milk from the mother of a preemie is different
than that of a term baby.
She will finish her "preventative" IV meds tomorrow, and hopefully her
IV's will be removed. They've had to move them around a couple of
times (from head to arms, back to head) because they weren't flushing
well.
Today during my visit she was being very unladylike and tooting a lot!
It was actually kind of cute to see someone so dainty and cute
tooting. (Or hear it rather). Fortunately it didn't smell!
Then this evening she finished it off with a big nasty diaper. We
determined that her meals today must have been from the other night
when I had mexican for dinner. No more of that!!! At least her bowels
work!!
On to more pleasant topics...
Pretty much every other weekend, mom (aka Mimi) and I go to get our
nails done. We've done this for as long as I can remember. I can't
wait for the day when we can take Sayla Grace.
Actually I should say I "couldn't" wait! I noticed her tiny nails
were growing like crazy, and I've seen a few random scratches from
where she's accidentally scratched herself. So I brought the nail
salon to her, got her a baby nail file, and gave her a manicure
tonight!
I was kind of nervous about it, but "like mother like daughter" I
guess. She slept right through the whole pampering session. Which is
good news for when she gets home and really needs them filed or cut.
And now I know how to do it without bothering her.
So all in all she's doing well! Thank you for your continued prayers!
Post a Comment