October 8, 2009

The countdown has officially begun...and stopped. Today was supposed to be Day 1 of our 8 day "Going Home" countdown, but it was halted just as quickly as it began.

The criteria for the countdown are that she cannot have any Brady or Desat episodes during the 8 days, and she must continue to eat well and keep her temp up. She's a champ at eating and staying warm, and even not having Brady episodes. But those pesky desats are getting in the way.

This morning she desatted during her bottles, and so it was decided that she would have to be put back on the Nasal Cannula during her meals. I guess the good thing is that it's only during her meals and not all the time.

She was moved to a crib today...though it could be temporary if she drops her body temperature. I'm not sure what the threshold is, I just know she can't drop it. They left her isolette in place just in case. Though it's kind of not fair to her, because they keep that room like a meat locker and it's hard for ME to keep my temp up when I'm in there. I'm not sure how any baby can do it!

So my lesson in patience has officially begun. Yesterday we were all set to have her home next Friday, and now are telling us they don't know when she'll be home. So I am in constant prayer, asking God to remind me that this is all part of his plan. And that when He's ready for her to be home, she'll be there.

Here are some pics from my shower this past weekend...

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home