October 20, 2009

Nothing!

We finally got an answer today. And the answer was NOTHING!!! Praise the Lord!! While we didn't get to speak with Dr. Matheson directly, he let Dr. Bruce know that it's nothing to worry about.

Dr. Bruce explained that it's common in preemies, and it should not affect her abilities or mental state AT ALL. We don't require any follow up scans or visits with a neurologist, and she should be a normal baby, kid, adolescent, adult (relatively speaking).

As far as what it is and why it's there...who knows. It just is. She should grow out of it and if we were to have another scan done as she gets older, it should not show up.

Of course we're extremely relieved, but I will still be a little cautious and watching her motor functions more than I normally would. That's just the paranoid side of me!

In other news, we JUST passed the car seat test!!! In this test she has to sit in her car seat for an hour and a half and she cannot have any desats or Brady's. This is to make sure she can make it home without tilting her little head too far forward and blocking her airway. We only live 30 minutes from the hospital, but the standard is an hour and a half, or however long it takes you to get home (if longer).

When I called to check to see if she passed (right at her stop time), she was still comfortably sleeping in her seat and doing great!!

I was so nervous I almost couldn't leave the hospital! I've been watching the minutes tick by since I left, and I'm so relieved it's over!! One more hurdle cleared!!!

We're on our way!!!



0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home