November 30, 2009

Still Here!

Things have really been going great since the surgery. I am sorry it has taken me almost 2 weeks to update you!

Sayla Grace's surgery was a huge success! Before, she wasn't having bowel movements, and was screaming a lot because her tummy hurt. And now she's pretty regular, and very pleasant. Except for around 9p every night. She cries like clockwork from around 9p to 12a or 1a. She's pretty inconsolable during this time, and it really tries our patience.

In fact, I'm sitting in her room right now with Pandora playing a radio station I created to help calm her down. It's playing Norah Jones, Jack Johnson and John Mayer. Not really the best lyrics for a baby, but she doesn't know what they are saying...it's the sound that counts!

The surgery was scary, and I don't wish those feelings on anyone. The worst part was when they took her from me to take her to the operating room. It was so bad, I don't even want to talk about it anymore!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. This was the first year that Owen has had the day off since we met, and of course it was really special for us as a family. Both of our extended families came in town to meet SGP (well most of them)...and we really had a wonderful time! I would chalk this one up to the best Thanksgiving ever!

Sorry for such a short post...I just wanted to give a quick update before going to bed. I think I've finally got her to sleep!

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to find me...I update a lot about Sayla Grace on there...about her daily antics and sometimes my frustrations! I will continue to update the blog, but if you need more frequent SGP news and photos, Facebook is really the way to go for the moment!!

Here are some random pictures from the week, and some more of Sayla Grace....









0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home