Baby #2 Update
So on Wednesday I went to the doc for a second blood test. This was the same test that I did on Monday, except this one was to tell me exactly how far along I am, and determine when we would see the doctor for the first ultrasound.
The appointment took all of 5 minutes. I love doctor appointments like that!
Then we had to wait an excruciating 24 hours for the results.
Almost exactly 24 hours later, my phone rang, and it was the doctor's nurse. Although I don't think I've met her in person, I feel like I know her, because we've talked many times since I first became pregnant with Sayla Grace.
I could tell at the beginning of the call that the news wasn't good. She was trying to small talk me about the weather...not like her. Then she tells me that my hormone levels are "not rising the way they are supposed to. But don't be alarmed, it might be nothing. We'll have you come in for an ultrasound on Monday morning to see what's going on." And with that we set up the appointment and said goodbye.
Don't be alarmed! Yeah right! I know better than that. Not knowing while on the phone what questions to ask, I immediately began my "Google" research. Non-rising hormone levels could mean many things. The problem is, I didn't ask which of the 2 levels they monitor weren't rising...or if it was both.
So, according to "Google" this could mean I'm in the process of miscarrying. Or that I have an Ectopic Pregnancy. Or that I have a cyst that is causing my body to produce pregnancy hormones when in fact there is no baby there. If you'll remember, they found a cyst during my first pregnancy, but we never did anything about it, at the doctor's advice. Or it could mean nothing at all, and that the test was just wrong.
I'm not sure what's going on. I'm having typical early pregnancy symptoms...nauseous all the time, slight cramping in my tummy (same kind I had early on with SG...not the alarming kind.)
But now we have to wait 3 agonizing days to find out what's going on. Why didn't they see me Thursday or Friday you ask? I have no clue. Personally, I think it's because they think by Monday I will have miscarried, so they are letting nature take it's course. And if I am miscarrying, there's not much they can do between now and then anyway. I'm guessing they don't think that it's Ectopic based on the results, or else they would have seen me right away because of the danger factor.
So for now we are just praying constantly, for God's Will to be done. I'm able to keep my mind off of things and not stress because I have a beautiful 5 and a 1/2 month old to keep me super busy. The second I start thinking about it, I just pray. Out loud. And hug my Bitty. And all is well!!!
Whatever happens is God's Will. If it's not meant to be, yes, we will be very sad. Extremely. In the past 5 days we have gotten very used to the idea of having 2 kids in diapers crawling around. We are super duper excited. Probably more than we should be given the circumstances. I'm sure you could say we should be more realistic. But for us this is our new reality.
This is our family. If this doesn't work out, the absolute last thing I want to hear is..."well it's for the best...you don't need 2 kids that close in age so young." Or "it's for the best, you have a baby now and you don't need another one so soon." Pish Posh I say. Please don't say this or anything of the sort to us.
We were suddenly thrust into this new idea, and it has grown on us. If this doesn't work out, look for more baby news soon in the future. Say what you will, this has become us.
But for now we will continue to pray for God's Will. Because He is in control!
Post a Comment