March 29, 2010

March for Babies

Most people that are following this blog, started doing so last July when I unexpectedly went into premature labor when pregnant with our daughter Sayla Grace. If you're new, you can catch up on that part of our story by starting here.

As you may know, our doctors are still unsure as to why I delivered early...13 weeks early to be exact. And unfortunately, it happens all too often, and we don't hear about it.

One organization is working to change all of that. You may have heard of the March of Dimes before, but may be unaware of what they do. The mission of March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality.

I never thought twice about them as a charity, but now they are my life. It is because of research like theirs that we are now taking a different approach to our second pregnancy. Research like theirs that helped develop the methods used when Sayla Grace was born to help save her tiny life.

Our tiny miracle survived because of their mission. I want to give back to them, so that others can avoid the heartache and struggle we went through.

But I need your help.

I know times are tough right now, but this is an issue that holds such a special place in my heart, that I hope you are able to help too.

You can help in one of two ways, or both! First, you can simply donate. Click on the link to the right, and donate any amount you are able to help fight the fight against premature birth.

Or, you can join us!! Come walk with us on April 24th! Click on the link to the right and sign up to walk with us!! And if you sign up by April 17th, I will provide you with a Team Sayla Grace shirt to wear on our walk!! I haven't designed them yet, but I'll post a design once I do.

Or, get the best of both worlds and do both!! I'm hoping to raise at least $1,000 for this cause. (All donations go directly to March of Dimes to help fund their research in the areas of premature birth, infant mortality and birth defects.) It's really a small amount compared to the cost of having a premature baby. If we did not have insurance, our hospital bills would have been well over half a million dollars!!! And while these donations don't go towards any individual hospital stay, they will help families avoid those bills by avoiding premature birth due to their research.

As I mentioned, this is a very worthwhile charity. Won't you consider helping these tiny hearts?

We thank you for your support.

And most of all, our daughters thank you.



0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home