And Here We Go Again
Well our journey continues here at the hospital. We are officially here until baby is born, which will hopefully be many more weeks.
Here’s the latest…
After being here roughly 24 hours, we finally saw the on call doctor. She was wonderful, and I could tell she felt very bad telling us we had to stay.
Turns out I am a full 1 cm dilated, and my cervix has softened (it’s supposed to be closed and hard!!)
I’m having random contractions, but they are very mild and I can’t feel them. This is one of the main reasons I can’t go home, because not being able to feel them, I can’t count them. I’m only allowed 6 in one hour before they have to intervene with meds. And naturally, if I can’t feel them to count them, I’d be doomed at home!!
The good news is that my water has not broken, my membranes (aka amniotic sac that the baby is swimming around in) is still up very high away from my cervix. And the baby is still breech, butt down and up high as well.
Unlike her sister at this point, she is not actively trying to join the world. It’s just something about my body that has decided she needs to be outside the womb. We’re just can’t figure out what that is!
Right now I’m 26 weeks and 5 days along. I’ll be 27 weeks on Wednesday, and Sunday I’ll be past the point where I had Sayla Grace.
Baby already weighs 2 pounds, and they are making me eat eat eat to fatten her up even more. I’m incredibly stuffed all the time! But I’m not complaining!!!
Her heart rate is great, staying around 156 or so and is very strong. She has strong kicks and gets the hiccups alot!
I’m on a bunch of different meds…Penicillin to ward off any potential infection; Procardia to stop contractions; Indocin to stop contractions; and a regular saline drip. Oh, and my weekly Progesterone shots.
The only major side effect from any of those comes from the Indocin. There is a chance it can decrease the amount of amniotic fluid surrounding the baby, so that is why I’m getting the saline drip.
I’ll also get daily ultra sounds to check the fluid levels. Because of this, I can only have 8 doses of the Indocin so we don’t deplete the amniotic fluid. So far I’ve had 2 doses.
I’m allowed to sit up, but not sit up straight. I can get up to go to the bathroom, and I’m allowed one shower a day. Although honestly I spend most of my time lying down, and I don’t plan on showering every day! So if you come visit and I’m stinky, I apologize in advance!!!
They moved us into a big room at the end of the hall that has it’s own little hallway and a nice view. We’ve brought a few of SG’s things up here so she can spend some days playing up here with us. And we’ll bring her pack ‘n play so she can spend a few nights with us.
Right now her grandmother’s are alternating taking care of her and she’s quite happy. I’m thankful she’s not at the age where she recognizes I’m not there. Although she’s always happy to see me when she comes up here.
I miss her like CRAZY, and I cherish the little time I get to spend with her. But I know it’s only temporary, and she’ll understand one day! I’ve never spent the night away from her since we brought her home, so that part is hard. To not see her smiling face when I wake up in the morning is excruciating, but I’m getting through it!
Tas is with his Uncle Gray and girlfriend Rezi and son Gabby, and I’m sure he’s loving life right now!! He loves getting to spend time with them because he can run and play and be with his “pack” of other Vizsla’s.
We don’t really need anything right now other than prayers. I still have a bunch of “to do” things from when I was here with SG almost a year ago!!
We are accepting visitors – room 311 at St. Vincent’s.
Again we appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers, and I will try and update here as things change. But hopefully we’ll have the same uneventful days over and over and there will be nothing new to report!
praying for you, jessica and that sweet baby girl! thanks for keeping us updated!
Anonymous said... 10:42 AM, May 30, 2010
Jessica, Owen, Sayla Grace and God's precious girl (who can't wait to be held by her Mommy, Daddy and big sister)....I am keeping you all my thoughts and prayers.
Beth Adams - friend of Gail and Ed
Beth Adams said... 7:07 AM, May 31, 2010
Post a Comment