Freedom!!
I got to experience a very small taste of bed rest freedom yesterday and today!! Since the doctor gave me permission to relax my bed rest duties a little bit, and I'm taking full advantage!
Yesterday I went to get a much needed pedicure. They were very shocked but excited to see me at my regular nail spot. We even took Sayla Grace, and she was quite a hit with the other patrons. I did get a few confused looks - being 8.5 months pregnant with a one year old (that looks like a 9 month old). I could tell some people were trying to do the math! I love confusing people like that!
The pedicure was fabulous, although I did have to tell them not to touch certain places on my heels and legs that are known acupressure spots that can induce labor! There was another pregnant lady there that looked very confused when I mentioned this. Apparently she wasn't aware!
This morning I went to get my long locks chopped. Not really chopped, but definitely shortened. Before today I have not had a haircut since March! It was getting very long! We almost couldn't go, because I had to monitor for contractions before we left, and I went over my threshold.
I got up early, came to the couch to monitor and got ready while I was monitoring. I ate breakfast, did my makeup and tried to relax all while monitoring, but apparently I wasn't relaxed enough. The nurse called right away and told me I had 6 contractions (my threshold is 5) and that I needed to drink water, eat more, empty my bladder and monitor again.
But since I didn't feel any of the 6, we made an executive decision to head to the salon instead (which is closer to the hospital than the house), and take our chances with the contractions. Since I'm to the point now where if I go into labor I'm not going to stop it, we figured I might as well try to get my haircut!
So off we went! The entire haircut - wash, cut and style - took less than an hour and we were back home in no time.
But not before a stop at my favorite establishment...Starbucks! I ordered a variation of my usual - grande decaf coffee, with a splash of regular (for that extra caffeine kick) and some sugar free caramel syrup. It was heavenly!
We made it home unscathed, and I ate some crackers, had some water (and my coffee) and relaxed a bit before monitoring again. The results were normal - just 2 contractions. I cannot even imagine how upset I would've been for missing my haircut for 2 contractions!!!
And now I'm relaxing again until my next adventure. This next week we are picking up Avery's crib, so I get to go home to direct its placement in the room, and get the pack 'n play set up. I've also got to pack my hospital bag, and pick up a few things for Avery's homecoming at the house. I know you really don't care about all of that, but it helps me remember if I write it out. So please forgive my rambling!
Off to finish working now! Must stay on top of that so this month's billing can be done!
Post a Comment