October 20, 2010

My Therapist Laughed at Me Today...

...it's ok though. I laughed too. She thought it was funny that one of my coping mechanisms is to randomly break out into song when things get hairy. I imagine I'm quite a sight when those times happen. Fortunately it hasn't happened while we've been out in public, but I fear that day is coming soon.

Really I'm doing much better. Down to every other week therapy sessions, as I have found many other coping mechanisms to help me deal with those times when I want to scream, cry or throw myself to the floor in a tantrum (which I have done!). There's the "My Life is a Musical" coping strategy; the "Let me tell you why this bothers me" strategy that I'm sure my family just LOVES!; and the "Careful, you'll end up in my novel" strategy.

Here's a brief rundown of what's been going on lately:

Avery Faith is getting much better, though I fear Similac changed the ingredients in her formula, because her latest trick is projectile vomiting after she eats (and I mean projectile)!! It's fun. Our couch loves it! She was having trouble with really bad reflux (like it was coming out of her nose!) but we got her on some baby Zantac and she's getting much better. Minus the vomiting part!

She sleeps through the night from about 9p to 4 or 5a and then goes back to sleep for 4 hours. She's awake a good bit during the day, but loves to sleep. It's her favorite pastime.

She eats every 4 hours during the day - like clockwork. If you don't have the bottle ready when the clock ticks past the 4th hour, you'd better have some earplugs and A LOT of patience. Because she can hit def con 6 in about a minute and a half.

Avery is in 3 month clothes (and thanks to her stylish big sis has more clothes than she'll EVER wear), but I don't know how much she weighs. Over 10 pounds I'm sure. We go back to the doc November 1st for 2 month check up and shots.

Sayla Grace LOVES mother's day out!! When I mention her classmate's names or her teacher's name, she just grins from ear to ear. I can talk about the bible verse, colors, or number of the month and she gets so excited. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in her class.

She isn't walking yet, but is close. She's down to every other month physical therapy visits! She knows exactly what the word "no" means, and promptly begins to crawl faster to her forbidden destination (usually the dog bowls) when she hears the word.

She can say "daddy" "momma" and "Tas" and knows exactly what each means. She can "moo" like a cow, "baa" like a sheep and "woof woof" like a dog. And says her little version of "me" when she wants something. It comes out "eeeeee" but we know what she's saying!

Tas (the dog) is super in love with "his babies" and is quite the mother hen dog. He can be found wherever they are, and if they are in separate rooms, you'll usually find him with Sayla Grace. They are best buds. When Sayla Grace stands up, he parks himself behind her. I'm assuming to break her fall when she tumbles. I think if I could put a saddle on him they would be inseparable.

Sayla Grace LOVES her baby sister. When Avery cries, she will find a paci and crawl over to her and try to put it in her mouth while shaking her head "no." It's adorable! She loves to find Avery's eyes, nose and mouth and 'pat' her on the head. Though most times she ends up pretending she's playing 'whack a mole' and bops her on the head quite hard! Those are fun times!

I'm working at the office 3 days a week (most weeks) and bringing Avery with me while Sayla Grace stays with Ms. Margaret. Owen is in school 4 nights a week, and working during the day. We are counting down the days to his law school graduation (still at least a year away!).




0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home