Tea Anyone?
We received some beautiful serving pieces as wedding presents, and until tonight I had no where to display them. Most were still in boxes! I know I said I had everything put away, but really that just meant that it was out of the bedroom or off the floor. I just stuffed everything (still in boxes) into what little cabinet space we have.
This weekend, we went to Owen's parent's house and picked up an old 'tea cart' that they had in their garage. It belongs to Owen's sister, Amanda, but she said she doesn't have a place for it. So I called dibs!
After a nice cleaning, I decided the color was just perfect for our dining room. I was thinking about painting it to match all the other black furniture in the dining room, but then I read somewhere that "Yellow is the new Black!" - It's not really a true yellow though. I think it used to be antique white. And time has turned the 'white' into a nice creamy yellow color. It's a nice accent to the blue and brown tones in our dining room.
Once it was clean, I spent about an hour trying to decide how to display everything. I'm usually very creative when it comes to decorating - I like to use everyday items...mainly because I'd rather spend our money on something more useful than something that's going to just sit on a shelf - but when trying to decide how to display everything, it was really difficult!
This is what I came up with....

Yeah, yeah...I know the picture is crooked. I love taking crooked pictures for some reason!!
It's hard to see in this pic, but on the top right there are 2 cookbooks - the one on the left is mom's old BHG CookBook from 1971 ~ and on the left is my new BHG CookBook that we got as a gift. It's kind of neat to have both displayed!
Don't you just love the color? I never saw it in it's original state, but I think over time the edge's have turned darker. That's what I'm letting myself think anyway.
It used to be on wheels, but with our little monkey around, wheels are never a good thing.
And of course if Amanda decides she wants it back, I'll guess I'll have to part with it. But for now, it will display some of our beautiful pieces that I will eventually use one day!
Post a Comment