July 4, 2009

24 Weeks and counting....

Only 16 more weeks to go!! We have officially entered the final stretch as far as I'm concerned. I realize 16 weeks will be the longest of my life, but it's all down hill from here. Until she arrives of course. Then we start the uphill battle of this game called life. But it's sure to be a fun journey!

Owen and I have started our registry at Babies R Us. The first trip to registry-ville was not very successful. It took us an hour to register for 8 items. 4 of which were diapers and wipes!! That hour seemed like an eternity for both of us, so we decided to call it a day. Owen helped me pick out some of the major items - the travel system (aka stroller and car seat), high chair and diaper pail. Basically the 3 biggest things we would both use all the time.

We then decided that some "mom knowledge" would be best for the rest of the things we need - like bottles, toys and bathing stuff. So yesterday after work, Mimi (my mom) and I met up at the store to go for another round.

We had tons of fun! Trying to decide what was practical and what was just plain fun and cute was difficult to say the least. But we were able to get a lot accomplished! We only have a few more big items to add, and then we can head off to the opposite side of the store for the layette items. (sleepers, onesies and stuff like that).

Then last night when I got home, I decided to start a Target registry. Mainly because all of my pregnant friends have both Target and Babies R Us. But after perusing their website for an hour, I decided that I already have most of the stuff we need at Babies R Us. So you may see an empty Target registry out there. I may add a few things to it, but we'll see.

So that's been our excitement lately. Here's what's going on in my baby bump lately...

We better watch what we say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and mommy's voice most soothing. Baby's nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, she's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It's not difficult to figure out when. She wakes me in the morning, and in the middle of the night a few times. And after any sweet meal.

I can tell she's getting bigger. Where she used to just be in the lower region of my pelvis, I can now see her moving up past my belly button. I can tell where her little feet are, and this morning she was doing a headstand right down the middle of my belly! Her little feet were just a kickin' right above my belly button. You could watch my tummy and see it move! It was so cute!

She's still very responsive to my voice. I talk to her every morning and on every car ride (that I'm alone of course). I crank up the music in my car and sing to her, and periodically she'll dance around. She's definitely got her favorite tunes and developing her own personality. I just hope she has her daddy's dance moves, because mine are non-existent!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home