Changing Reflection
Our precious baby girl was born one week ago today!
Many years before Sayla Grace was born, Owen and I devoted our lives to God. Little did we know how He would use us for the glory of His Kingdom. We are firm believers that God brought us together at the appropriate time, and blessed us with this wonderful miracle of life according to his plan.
We knew when we married that we wanted children immediately. And we began praying for our children when we married. We prayed daily and nightly, and soon we were blessed to find out we were pregnant. We continued to pray for this child, that He would bless her and bring her into this world according to His plan.
We could never have imagined that this would be His plan, but we feel more than blessed. Yes, it's scary, and hard to deal with at times, but we have put all of our faith in the Lord to get us through this.
As I reflect back on the past week, I have noticed that my own reflection is changing. I have been a Christian for more than 10 years, but I never realized the depth of my relationship with God until this week. He is my rock, my redeemer, and He is the reason I am able to hold my head up high and be strong for our daughter.
He has given me a peace beyond recognition, and He is protecting our child. This is all part of His plan, and we as a family will use this experience to change lives for His Kingdom. It would be easy to let the enemy in, and let him take over our lives at this point, but we have refused to let that happen.
This week has reminded me that every life is a precious gift, and we should take every moment of every day and use it to the glory of God.
I pray daily that those who are reading this blog, or praying for our daughter, are touched by this experience and lives are changed because of our Sayla Grace.
She is here to make a difference.
"A man determines his course, but the Lord determines his steps." ~Proverbs 16:9




Post a Comment