Smallest of Hearts
As I sit here at Sayla Grace's bedside, I look to my left and see a grim reminder of where we came from. A tiny little baby in an open bed, on the CPAP machine, and hooked up to all sorts of contraptions.
Every time I see his parents, I see the desperation in their eyes, coupled with a small glimmer of hope. I've overheard the words "brain hemorrhage" and "blindness" from the doctors and nurses, and I'm reminded of the days when we were praying for those specific things.
It breaks my heart to watch these total strangers go through this process. I don't know if they know Jesus, but I long for the opportunity to tell them about Him.
I want to tell them how much hope He's given us. About the miracles He's performed for us over the past 2 months. How the Holy Spirit has comforted us in this time of great sadness in our lives.
Although I shouldn't say this has been a time of great sadness. It's actually been a season of great blessings! Looking back over the last 2 months I'm reminded of all of the amazing blessings we've had.
We were blessed to get an extra 2 weeks with her in my womb. We were blessed to have a healthy, pink and crying baby the night she was born. I was blessed to have no complications, after a delivery that turned out to be not so normal (my placenta got stuck and tore).
And we have been blessed these past two months to sail through all of our tests and milestones, only having one scare that, even in isolation we managed to get through.
God has blessed us immensely. And we are more than forever grateful. I'm constantly reminded of the debt His Son paid for us, and I wonder how I can possibly repay Him for these blessings that have been bestowed upon us.
And then I look back to my left. And I pray for another opportunity to share our story. I pray that even just one life can be changed for Christ through this season of our lives.
Just one, and I feel our circle will be complete. But we won't stop there. Because I look to my right, and see a baby in a crib, just a week from going home. And I'm reminded that one day we will go home. And we will put these days behind us.
I pray that we will never forget the story of grace bestowed upon us. I pray that we will forever tell her story, and continue to change lives for Christ.
Because even the smallest of hearts can change lives for His Kingdom.
Post a Comment