New Habits
Sayla Grace is settling in with her new surroundings quite nicely. She
seems to know the difference between Mommy and Daddy, and even the
Monkey.
She LOVES looking at the ceiling in our den. We have vaulted ceilings
with dark brown wooden beams on them, and I assume she likes them
because of the sharp contrast in color. I always ask her not to tell
anyone about the cobwebs up there that she finds.
She is now sleeping in her crib in her room exclusively, and most
often sleeps through the night except for waking once to eat. Of
course she then wakes early in the morning (around 6 or so) to eat
again. But we don't mind because we are getting good sleep! I think
getting her out of our room and into her room was key for our sleep.
When she was in our room, I was constantly up checking on every little
noise she made. Now I don't worry about them so much!
I finally have pictures on her walls, and have a cute butterfly mobile
hanging above her chair. It only took me forever to finish decorating
her nursery, but I think it's complete! I'd like to paint the walls,
but I think that's a pipe dream at the moment!
Owen and I have been able to spend equal amounts of time outside of
the house, and he's quite good at Daddy Day Care. It's going to be
interesting when he goes back to work in a few weeks and I have to go
it alone.
We went to the audiologist last week, but didn't get any results. She
needed to be still and silent for 30 to 40 seconds for them to do the
test, and that didn't happen! So we're headed back in a few weeks to
try again. I have a feeling she's not going to cooperate. The doc said
we could sedate her for the test, to which I replied "Not on my
watch!". We'll deal with one good ear until she's ready to cooperate!
On Tuesday we're going to a general surgeon at Children's to see if
she has a hernia. I'm praying that she does not, because they will
want to do surgery to repair, and I can't handle her going under the
knife.
Her grandmother's tell me that "babies don't spoil, fruit does.". But
I think they are wrong. We've (meaning I) have officially spoiled her
already! She rarely goes to sleep unless she's held, and when she's
hungry or wet she wants it to be remedied right away! But I don't
mind. I enjoy every minute of rocking her to sleep!!
We've taken lots of walks in this beautiful weather, and even ventured
out to dinner just the 3 of us. We went to a small restaurant that was
not crowded, and sat in the back corner away from everyone. It was
quite a success, and a much needed break for us, even though it was
totally against the rules.
We're not sure when she'll be cleared for public appearances, but
we're not rushing it! We're enjoying having her all to ourselves for
a change!!
Post a Comment