June 11, 2010

At Home Bed Rest - Day 4

Yesterday was another good day as far as boring bed rest days go. The only change to my normal routine was in the morning.

When GJ took SG on her morning stroll, I moseyed outdoors and plopped myself down on the bench swing in the front yard. With a pillow behind my back, I was able to lie on the swing and enjoy the muggy Alabama summertime air. I know most of you are doing whatever you can to get out of that muggy heat, but I look for every opportunity to get into it right now!!!

They walked for about 45 minutes, while I lounged on the swing reading my book. Occasionally I would put my foot on the ground and push myself, so as to actually swing. It was quite nice.

I'm starting to really enjoy my book. But I've become slightly disheartened about it. I thought I was on Chapter 3, but it turns out, each chapter seems to have "sub" chapters, so really I was only on Chapter 1. But last night I finally made it to Chapter 2, so that was good. I'm hoping I can actually finish this one because there are some others I think I'd like to read.

I had some great interaction time with Sayla Grace yesterday too. At one point, she was sitting in my lap facing me, and she started patting my belly. So I began to tell her all about baby sister, Avery, and all the fun they would have once she got here. We chatted about her for a while, and then, all of the sudden, Sayla Grace leaned over and kissed my belly, and then turned her head so she was "listening" to it. She laid there for a good 5 seconds before sitting up again. And again, we talked about Avery, and she kissed and listed to her again. It was the cutest thing I think I've ever seen.

Later in the day, SG and GJ went to see Gran (GJ's momma) and then met SG's Aunt Abbey and cousin Davis for dinner. They brought some home to me - Mexican - and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But it turns out Mexican food is NOT conducive to my diabetic diet. My "sugars" were up to 172, the highest they've been since I've been home. They are supposed to be below 140. So unfortunately I cannot have Mexican for the next 3 months. I think I'll survive though.

That night I got to finally see my husband!! It's been a few days since he's been able to get over here because of work, and we missed him!! I can't wait for his off days!!

Sayla Grace has made a new friend...They have this big ladybug stuffed animal, and she loves to sit in front of it and chat with it! It's bigger than she is!! I'll try to get a video of it and figure out how to post it.

That was really it for my eventful day!! Today is shaping up to be another fun filled day on the couch. I think I'll move to the love seat later today. That'll be fun!



0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home