Good Days and Bad
I knew that would happen...I've already slacked off on keeping a record of my days on bed rest. Oh well. They are all pretty much the same. Wake up, move to couch, have breakfast, monitor, shower, back to couch, have lunch, then dinner and finally to bed. All except Wednesday's.
That's the day I have my weekly check-up. This Wednesday was no exception. It was my second appointment since leaving the hospital. Fortunately there was no change, and I was ordered to continue my bed rest.
But then yesterday (Thursday), things got a little crazy. For some reason yesterday I started contracting pretty heavily. Well, more so than I have since being in the hospital. I had 3 during my morning monitoring session - no big deal. But then I actually started feeling more throughout the day. And I haven't felt them thus far. I knew something was up, so I threw in another monitoring session after lunch. Turns out I had 4 during that hour alone. 5 is my limit. So without hesitation, I popped a Brethine pill to nip that in the bud. I ended up having 2 more during my evening session, but the Brethine hadn't fully kicked in, so that was normal.
The medicine worked, because I only had 1 this morning, and haven't felt any the rest of the day. I don't know what it was about yesterday. The nurses tell me that as the baby grows, my uterus will contract because that's how it grows. And as I get further along, it will contract more. This is normal - in a normal pregnancy. But since my pregnancy is anything but normal, everyone freaks out when I contract at all! But the medicine helps, and it's no harm to the baby.
That baby, by the way, is quite the mover and shaker! I've been calling her my little Rockette, because she's got some moves that assure me she's practicing for her next big show! But the little rascal seems to only practice at night. She sleeps soundly during the day, not making a move. But AS SOON as I lie down to go to bed, she starts up. I'm hoping after she's born we'll be able to quickly change that habit.Sayla Grace is doing very well. She has adjusted to her surroundings and is sleeping through the night. She's started taking 2 naps a day (instead of 3), but one of them is usually about 2 or 3 hours long. Some days of the week we have a family friend, Ms. Margaret, that comes to help her, and incidentally me, while Joyce goes to work.
We were worried that Sayla Grace would not take kindly to Ms. Margaret, as she's a new person to her, but we were all shocked when she smiled and went right to her the first day. And every day since, she's been super excited to see her and happily embraces the transition from Joyce leaving the Ms. Margaret taking over. It's really been quite a blessing.
I'm not bored with the bed rest yet. I've been keeping very busy with work, and that helps make everything seem more normal. I'm really enjoying my book too, which is a shocker considering I hate to read!! And I also do random research on the internet for mom (and anyone else who needs something), looking for things like new bedding and household items that she doesn't have time to look for!
I'm also planning Sayla Grace's 1st Birthday party!!! Can you believe that it's almost been a year?!? I'm not sure yet what her party will entail, but it will be fairly small since I'll hopefully still be on the couch! Owen is betting that Avery will be born on Sayla Grace's birthday!
That's the latest from our camp!!
Easy with those contractions young lady! Can't wait to see you guys in August! Erica sends her love and I as well.
Kip
Anonymous said... 12:08 AM, June 19, 2010
Post a Comment