Where's My Glow?
I'm making it a point to not complain during this phase of my pregnancy. I am in fact enjoying it, but I would be remiss if I didn't admit that it does have its moments. It is certainly not all cupcakes and lollipops. In fact, there are no cupcakes or lollipops to be found, which I think would make things a little nicer!
In all actuality, I'm sore in places I shouldn't be sore, I can't breathe and I can only eat about a tablespoon of food before I feel like I'm going to explode. Which doesn't help the constant hunger. I can't lie down or sit up comfortably, which leaves me in some very awkward positions. And I moan and groan more than a 5 year old that just spent a day at Disney without a nap. And that makes for some caregivers that are constantly worried that I'm going into labor with each moan and groan!!
My face is beginning to look like a pizza again, and I'm sure I have stretch marks from here to Timbuktu that I can't see. In fact, there's not much of me that I can see anymore. If it's past my belly button (which I haven't seen in a while), I have no idea what it looks like. I'm quite sure I'm due for a pedicure, and hoping the doc will give me a permission slip sometime soon!
But despite all of these things, I really am over the moon excited and thankful about being 34 weeks pregnant. From what I read, her lungs are fully developed, and other than a possible short NICU stay, she should be A-OK healthy if she were born anytime after this point. She is supposed to weigh about 4 and 3/4 pounds, but I think she's a lot closer to 5 or 5 and a half (we'll find out Wednesday). And my doc says many 35 weekers can go home from the hospital with you.
That's really my prayer at this point. We love the NICU doctor's and nurses, but I would really love to experience having a baby and bringing her home with us!
I'll update on baby Avery again after our appointment on Wednesday! Praying for some good news and a little reprieve from this couch time!
Post a Comment