July 16, 2010

Same Old, Same Old

Nothing new to report on the Avery front. She is comfy cozy, and enjoying her time baking in my belly. She has given me no trouble, except for the few karate kicks to the ribs that seem to get stronger by the day.

Our latest doctor visit resulted in no changes and instructions to keep on keepin' on. Next Wednesday we go back and finally get another ultrasound to see how big she is. I'm hoping that will give us a little insight as to when she needs to make her arrival.

I will not make it to my due date - August 30th - because if I do, I might have the biggest baby on record, which my small frame cannot handle! So we have a pool going to see when everyone thinks she'll arrive.

We're supposed to stop my meds at 35 weeks, but I'm not sure if that means I'll take them until Wednesday (34 weeks) and then stop, or if I'll take them until the following Wednesday (35 weeks) and then stop. I should find out that answer at the next visit.

I've been watching WAY too much tv about babies on TLC and Discovery Health, resulting in many concerns and questions that I shouldn't have. Last night I watched the NICU show on Discovery Health, and two of the mother's had diabetes, resulting in strange abnormalities in their babies. One of the babies stopped growing in the 9th month, and was tiny when he was born (4 or 5 pounds at 9 months). So that made me concerned that Avery would stop growing soon.

The other baby wouldn't stop growing, and weighed 11 pounds 9 ounces at birth! So then I got scared that Avery is going to be massive!

Then they both had random weird problems - the little one's ribs were uneven (one side of his ribs was higher than the other); the big one had problems with her heart. Neither required much intervention, but now I'm unnecessarily terrified that Avery is going to have these problems because I too have diabetes.

Then I watched this crazy show called "Born on a Bad Day" where this crazy man came into the labor and delivery ward and held 7 people hostage (including 2 babies, one yet to be born) because his wife had her tubes tied without telling him (after 8 babies) and he wanted another girl. The pregnant hostage had to deliver during her hostage ordeal (a girl no less) and was terrified the whole time that crazy man would snatch her new baby. But really he just wanted to snatch and kill the doctor that tied his wife's tubes. But that doc never showed (of course) and the hostages eventually talked the scary man down from his craziness and he surrendered. The whole thing was a true story, and he eventually died behind bars. But now I have this irrational fear that some crazy person is going to snatch my Avery after she's born.

So now I've resolved to not watch any baby shows until after she's born - at which point I probably won't have any time to even turn on television for the next 5 years.

Anywho...

Sayla Grace is to crawling. Last night she got up on her knees and rocked, then proceeded to hop on both knees while moving her arms every so slightly forward. I'm giving her 2 weeks tops before she figures it out. She has learned that this "on all fours" position allows her to reach toys that are just out of her reach, and I think that's the key for her.

When sitting in your lap, she can now pull up from a sitting position to a standing position using your shirt as leverage, but she hasn't figured out that she can actually do this motion while on the floor next to a sturdy object. Which is good, because we still haven't lowered her crib mattress. But that's on the agenda.

Other than that, there's nothing really exciting going on here. I plan to start packing my hospital bag this weekend. Just in case I'm wrong in my thinking that she's staying put. But other than that, I'm just lying around, being boring and cooking this kid.





0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home