Swollen Sally
I'm still pregnant. And very swollen! I need to keep my feet up, but I'm finding it difficult to sit still for very long. Not only because I'm getting bored and anxious, but because if I sit in one place for too long I'm likely to get stuck.
We went back to the doctor for our weekly visit on Monday. I'm up to 4cm dilated, but no contractions. Well, I've had a few - which has gotten me up to 4cm - but nothing worth getting excited about.
We had an option to schedule an induction for Monday, August 23rd, but decided against it. The doctor doesn't find it medically necessary at this point, and she expects that I will naturally go into labor before Monday. And in the event that I don't, we still have the option to induce on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. But I'm still not even sure I want to do that. I've officially freaked myself out about the possible side effects of inducing, and now I can't bring myself to commit to it.
Avery has dropped, and I'm finding moving more difficult in general, so maybe the doctor is correct in her thoughts of impending labor. I've repacked our bags just in case, and we're ready to go at a moment's notice!
And so now I guess the official waiting game begins. The anticipation is kind of fun!!
Kind of!
Chaney JUST emailed me. CONGRATS!! We can't wait to see pictures of sweet precious Avery!!! Handey & Nathan Oddo
Anonymous said... 4:08 PM, August 18, 2010
Post a Comment