Livin On a Prayer
I cannot believe we are already half-way through the pregnancy. I hit the 20 week mark on Sunday, and we are well on our way to meeting this angel in a few short months.
I know the next 4 months are going to seem like agony, especially in this heat! But in the end they will have flown by just as fast as the first 5 did.
Here's a few updates on me, Owen and the little one:
I'm not sleeping well anymore. I guess God is preparing my body for the sleepless nights. And unbeknownst to him, Owen is also being prepared. Because every time I toss and turn, I grumble and moan, which wakes him up. So he's not sleeping well either! The biggest reason is because I'm a back sleeper, and I can't do that anymore - doctor's orders. Apparently there's a major artery that runs behind my uterus, and the growing weight of the baby and my fat belly can put pressure on that artery to the point of it shutting off circulation to me and the baby. So I'm not supposed to lay flat for more than 15 minutes. In an effort to keep from rolling on my back, I wedge pillows behind me, which has made me highly claustrophobic and makes me very sore by morning. Today I ordered a pregnancy body pillow, that is supposed to help with that. We'll see!
Owen is falling more and more in love with Sayla Grace every day. He would die if I told you this, but since he doesn't even know the web address to our blog, I think I'm safe! He's talking to my belly now which is so sweet. And in every prayer she is lifted up and prayers of a strong, healthy baby are prayed. It won't be long before she has him totally wrapped around that little finger.
Sayla Grace is one active puppy. She typically wakes with me in the morning for her morning gymnastics routine, and loves a good flip or two after every meal. And in true baby style, she's most active right before bedtime. I have a feeling that bedtime will be a nightmare with this one!! She's quite the boxer too. I'm not sure what organ she's hitting (besides my bladder), but she loves to throw a good punch in every now and then that will send me doubling over. Such a trickster that kid!!
We go for our 21 week appointment on Tuesday, and we'll have our big ultrasound then. We opted out of the blood test for Downs Syndrome and some other diseases. After discussing with the doctor, we decided it wasn't our cup of tea. There is a 15% false positive rate, and with a positive, you have to get the amniocentesis - where they stick a needle in my belly to draw out the amniotic fluid for testing. And they may even draw babies blood too, I'm not sure. Anyway, we had already decided we did not want the amnio - because that carries a small risk of miscarriage - and any risk that can be avoided shall be. Plus, the outcome won't change anything for us. Other than making us more grateful that God decided we could handle a child with disabilities. So the doctor will do as many checks for DS as she can with the ultrasound - measuring her arms and legs and stuff. And this one is recorded on DVD, so I'll share it as soon as I can download it!
We're still shopping for furniture (I'm looking for white), but the bedding should be here this week! I can't wait to see it...We ordered 2 sets. One that looks like the below, and the other is opposite with the polka dot bumper and damask sheets. Because I'm just sure I'll change it out every once and a while!! {wink, wink!}

*Adorable baby not included!!
Post a Comment